1. All residents must have up to date vaccination records produced on or before their
arrival to board and/or swim with us. Should any owner be unable to produce these
documents then we reserve the right to not admit the pet until such time as they
are deemed fully immunised.
2. Payment must be received prior to the hand back of any pet. We do not accept credit
or debit cards but do accept cash. We reserve the right to hold the animal until
full payment is received and the extra days will be chargeable at twice the normal
3. Should you be unable to collect your pet in person then a representative must
bring proof of identity, a signed letter from the owner and if appropriate payment
before the pet will be handed over. Should this be the case please notify us in advance.
4. All animals must be dropped off and collected within opening hours. Any owners
wishing to collect outside of these may do so only by arrangement with the proprietors.
If an owner attempts to collect outside standard hours without prior arrangement
for arrival and/or collection then an additional £20 charge will be made for each
5. All dogs must be fitted with a correctly fitting collar, tag and lead in line
with the legal requirements for dog ownership and these must be securely fastened.
Should a dog have aggressive tendencies then a muzzle will also be needed.
6. It is the wishes of the owners and staff that all dogs attending Butterwick for
any purpose are kennel cough vaccinated a minimum of 2 weeks prior to attending.
Any owner who does not wish their dog to be protected by a kennel cough vaccination
does so at their own risk. Any vets fees incurred during their stay for this or a
related matter will not be covered under our insurance policy and will be charged
to the owner on collection along with normal boarding charges. (Please note that
should you pet be ill during their stay for any reason a vet will be called and they
will be isolated for their and other residents protection.)
7. All cats must be held in a secure pet carrier which will need to be left for the
duration of the stay.
8. Once a booking is confirmed then a place is held for that animal for the dates
booked. Should this need to be cancelled then this must be done a minimum of 2 weeks
prior to the date of arrival, in writing. After this date then the full cost of the
proposed stay will be charged. (exceptions at the proprietors discretion).
9. Should no notification be given then the full amount will be invoiced. (exceptions
at the proprietors discretion)
10. We deem failure to pay and/or failure to uphold bookings very seriously and payment
will be sought through legal channels at the expense of the debtor. Interest will
also be charged at 15% on the total bill.
11. Any dog not collected within 7 days of their final departure date will be classed
as abandoned. Should there be no written contact from the owners after a further
7 days then the dog will be rehomed or destroyed should we not be able to find a
suitable placement. (see attached terms for abandoned dogs)
12. No bedding is accepted with pets –our bedding is washed and cleaned thoroughly
daily and at peak times personal bedding may be lost. (Exceptions will be made for
13. While toys are great to settle animals and give a sense of home, all toys, leads
and collars are left entirely at owner’s risk.
14. Butterwick accepts no liability for the storage of medication
15. Pre existing conditions and animals over the age of 9 are not covered by our
16. Butterwick reserve the right to request deposits and all prices are subject to
change, and deposits are none refundable.
17. No booking will be confirmed without receiving a valid booking confirmation form
and deposit. The kennel will then be released for others to book.
18. Butterwick cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to vehicles or property,
howsoever caused, whilst on the premises.
19. Should any illness arise which is an exclusion on the boarders insurance policy
taken out on your behalf by Butterwick Boarding Kennels then it will be the owner’s
responsibility to claim against their own policy and pay the fees incurred in full.
20. Butterwick hold no responsibility for unrealistic expectations of customer when
leaving their animals with us for boarding, swimming or grooming. Every effort will
be made to offer a service that completely satisfies the customer at all times.
21. Whilst every care possible is taken of dogs undergoing treatment and in the maintenance
of the water & equipment, all dogs receive treatment entirely at their owners risk.
22. Session fees will be charged in full if an appointment is broken or cancelled
without a minimum of 24 hours notice.
23. A veterinary referral form must have been received before any swim can take place;
in order to ensure you pet is fit to exercise. This can be posted or emailed in prior
to the appointment or brought along before the first swim.
24. Dogs will not be admitted with contagious or infectious conditions therefore
will not be allowed to use the pool facilities with any eye, ear, skin or gastric
conditions .Bitches in season may not use the pool facilities until their season
25. Dogs must be in as clean a condition as possible.
26. Owners are requested not to feed their dog for at least four hours before attending
a swimming session, and to ensure that the dog has done it’s ablutions before arriving.
A surcharge of £50 will be levied for dogs which defecate in the pool as we may have
to close the pool to clean it.
27. It is the responsibility of the owner to poop-scoop for their dog on BBKCH premises.
All dogs must be kept on a lead, and under control, when attending BBKCH. While the
owner is on the premises the animal is their responsibility solely not that of Butterwick.
28. There are no facilities for children and it is advisable not to bring them.
29. We also reserve the right to use video recording or photographs during sessions.
30. Clients are reminded that they enter the pool area at their own risk as hydrotherapy
involves water therefore sensible footwear and clothing should be worn, there is
an increased slip hazard around the pool area.
31. We reserve the right to refuse treatment and board to any dog at any time.
32. Terms and conditions may change at any time without notice and are effective
33. We operate a zero tolerance policy to abuse towards our staff, any customer which
demonstrates abusive behaviour or language towards any person on site will be removed
and no further boarding will be offered.